Conservative Councillor for Chelmer Village and Beaulieu Park
- Has lived in Chelmer Village and Springfield for 43 years.
- Is a retired director of a retail company.
- Served in the Armed forces.
- Supporter of Chelmsford City and Wilvale Rangers Football Club.
- First elected as a Councillor in 1987.
- Former Chairman of Licensing Committee.
- Served on Parks & Recreation, Arts, Housing, Regulatory.
- Appointed Chairman of the Association of Conservative Clubs, Eastern Region, March 2011.
- Represented constituents on many matters including planning and school issues.
- Trustee of Chelmsford United Charities, charity providing housing for vulnerable residents of Chelmsford.
- Supporter of the Children’s Society, Help for Heroes & Age Concern.
- Campaigned for improvements at the Industrial museum at Sandford Mill.
- Helped clean the environment by regularly participating in river and litter clean ups.
- Campaigned to retain the mobile library.
- Successfully nominated streets/gardens for best kept street/garden in Chelmer Village.
- Campaigned against anti-social behaviour in Beaulieu Park and Chancellor Park.
- Is Chelmsford Borough Council’s Older People’s Champion.
Ron is regarded as a hardworking Councillor and is always available for residents.
You can contact Ron by email here.